MARK McCORMICK -BURSLEDON, HAMPSHIRE

Bursledon DJ jailed for raping girl and abusing boys

A former parish council chairman and DJ who raped a 16-year-old girl and abused boys has been jailed for 17 years.

_103840214_mark2

Mark McCormick, 49, groomed and abused boys who he employed as roadies, Southampton Crown Court heard.

The former Bursledon councillor assaulted teenagers in vehicles and raped the girl who had got drunk at one of his parties.

He admitted 14 offences committed between 1997 and 2011 on the first day of his trial in September.

Sentencing him, Judge Nicholas Rowland said: “You controlled and manipulated your victims.

“No doubt they were excited by the idea of being with someone who was leading a rather glamorous lifestyle, in direct contrast to their own lifestyles.”

Prosecutor Fern Russell told the court the teenage girl said she now suffered from anxiety and flashbacks.

In a statement read out in court, the girl said: “I was a troubled child and I latched on to him, he felt safe and he was cool.

“He is a leech to vulnerable children. He shouldn’t be working in a community centre or at a local council.”

Another victim added: “I was his lifeless puppet and he was my sick puppeteer.”

The youngest of McCormick’s seven victims was a boy aged under 14, the court heard.

McCormick, of Griffon Close, Bursledon, admitted seven counts of indecent assaults on boys and four counts of inciting boys to commit acts of gross indecency.

He also pleaded guilty to the rape, a sexual assault on a man and taking an indecent photo of a boy.

Det Insp Gareth Jones said: “He used his position as a DJ and a parish councillor to target impressionable young boys and abuse this trust in the most appalling of ways.”

At the previous hearing, McCormick entered no pleas to a number of other charges, involving another two alleged victims, which the court ordered to lie on file.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-45841132

Advertisements

NATHAN KOZEL -HULL

Dangerous paedophile disguised himself as entertainer to sneak into massive children’s event

Nathan Kozel, 26, performed circus tricks for youngsters at a Hull’s biggest event for kids

0_Dangerous-paedophile-dresses-in-disguise-to-sneak-into-Queens-Gardens-Play-DayNathan-Kozel-26-has

A dangerous paedophile disguised himself as an entertainer to sneak into a huge children’s event and perform circus tricks.

High risk sex offender Nathan Kozel span plates for youngsters after getting into the National Play Day activities at Queens Gardens, Hull.

The 26-year-old had dressed up as a staff member by donning goggles and a long black coat, Hull Crown Court heard.

Kozel, who is banned indefinitely from having unsupervised contact with children, was eventually arrested by police after parents raised the alarm, Hull Live reported.

Rukhshanda Hussain, prosecuting in Hull Crown Court on Friday, said: “The area the defendant was in had about 20 children under 16 in it, with some adults present. He was engaging with them, spinning plates, showing children how to use them.

“He was dressed in a way which suggested he was an employee of the event – goggles, a black outfit, long black coat and black gloves.”

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.15.50 am

Kozel said he was “there to make friends” and to “interact with children” but, although he knew it was wrong, he “found himself engrossed”.

His father told the court his son thinks like a six or seven-year-old and needs to be told when to wash.

He said circus tricks were “one of the few things he excels at”, and insisted the clothes he was described as wearing “would be his normal dress”.

Kozel was “of low intelligence”, had been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, and had attended a special school, the court heard.

In 2016, he was sentenced to a two-year community order, and made subject to a sexual harm prevention order (SHPO) indefinitely, after using his father’s computer to download indecent images when his parents were away.

But he breached the order on August 25 last year when he was caught playing football with an eight-year-old boy in a park.

Kozel was given a six-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, when he was sentenced for that offence in January this year and described in that hearing as a “very high risk sex offender”.

When he was arrested for playing with the boy, Kozel told police there was material on his phone that “may be of interest to them”. But although the device was seized it was not examined until after police seized his tablet computer on January 10 this year.

On the devices, police found a total of 10 images at category A – the most serious – two at category B, and 631 category C images.

Kozel, of HMP Hull, admitted breaching a SHPO, breaching a suspended sentence, and making indecent photographs of children.

Steven Garth, mitigating at the court on Friday, said: “What is undoubtedly clear from all the documentation is this defendant has a serious and deep-seated weakness, namely an attraction to young boys, or at least their photographs.

“The paradox of this young man’s case is this. The defendant fully recognises the problem that he has and is genuinely anxious to try and deal with it. He is angry with himself for having this weakness but he just can’t stop himself.

“The defendant would be very vulnerable in custody and has commented more than once to me and others he will probably end his life.”

Jailing Kozel for a year, Recorder Patrick Palmer told him: “Whilst I have every sympathy for you and your difficulties, I have to protect children from your offending.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dangerous-paedophile-disguised-himself-entertainer-13410910

 

JACINTA BROOKS PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS DUNCAN SMART -WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRE

TRANS WOMAN, 41, PRETENDED TO BE A BOY TO GROOM A GIRL

A sex offender who claims to be transgender has been jailed for 11 years after pretending to be a boy to try and groom a girl.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.57.24 pm

Jacinta Brooks, 41, asked a 12-year-old girl to send indecent pictures of herself – the third time she is known to have targeted children.

Brooks, who identifies as a woman and was previously known as Duncan Smart, has previously faced the courts for having sex with someone who is underage and child abuse.

The latest victim’s mother said that she would be haunted for the rest of a life by ‘this pathetic excuse of a person’ and had been forced to leave because of the severe trauma.

Judge Nicholas Rowland described Brooks a ‘danger to children’ at Southampton Crown Court.

Prosecutor Berenice Mulvanny said that police found screenshots of the conversation with the girl along with hundreds of child abuse pictures.

Brooks gave no comment during a police interview but admitted she ‘couldn’t argue’ about being attracted to children.

Miss Mulvanny said: ‘Brooks knew the girl was underage but sent her sexual messages.

The defendant originally pretended to be a 14-year-old boy but soon admitted her real age.’

The court heard Brooks’ victim was forced to leave school and was suffering with trauma after the incident.

In a victim impact statement the girl’s mother said: ‘The fact I cannot protect my daughter from this pathetic excuse of a person will haunt me forever.’

Brooks, of Winchester, Hampshire, admitted three counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity and three of possessing indecent images.

Brooks was released from prison two years ago, having served almost 13 years behind bars for attacking the girl under 16 in 2003.

Judge Rowland ordered that Brooks must notify police if creating any future social media and email accounts and must also give officers the passwords.

Brook’s lawyer Robert Harding claimed much had changed in the time his client had been behind bars and she had struggled to understand social media and online networking.

Speaking after the sentencing, investigating officer PC Simon Leon, of Hampshire Constabulary, said: ‘Brooks is a dangerous individual and we are pleased this case has now come to a conclusion.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/01/trans-woman-41-pretended-to-be-a-boy-to-groom-a-girl-7994533/

 

 

 

ZACHARY SELBY -ANWICK, LINCOLNSHIRE

Rapist jailed for sex attacks on two children

A rapist convicted of sex attacks on two six-year-olds, carried out when he himself was a minor, has been jailed for three years after a hearing at Lincoln Crown Court.

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.46.41 pm

Zachary Selby carried out his first attack when he was just 11-years-old when he raped a young girl.

Four years later he carried out a number of sex attacks on a six-year-old boy who he also raped.

Nick Bleaney, prosecuting, said that both victims were warned by Selby not to tell anyone about their ordeal but the offences came to light later which led to Selby being charged.

Selby, 23, of River Lane, Anwick, near Sleaford, denied rape and sexual assault of the young girl.

He also denied rape of the boy but was convicted of all charges following a jury trial.

Selby was jailed for three years and placed on the sex offenders’ register for life.

Recorder Gareth Evans QC said that under sentencing guidelines the length of the jail sentence had to be reduced to take account of the fact that he was a youth himself when he carried out the rapes.

Recorder Evans described Selby as very immature and told him: “You played with children who were almost half your age and you played childish games. You are still not fully mature.

“But you knew what you were doing was wrong and you told each of your victims not to tell anybody.

“Until recently there was no remorse on your part. You lied to the jury and it is only now that you have conceded you were responsible for what happened.

“The only sentence that can be passed on you is an immediate custodial sentence.”

Grace Hale, in mitigation, said that Selby was only 11 when he committed the first offences.

She told the court that since his conviction Selby has admitted to a probation officer that he was responsible for the rapes.

“He was extremely young when he committed these offences and he has now come clean. He has had the courage to accept these matters.”

https://lincolnshirereporter.co.uk/2018/10/rapist-jailed-for-sex-attacks-on-two-children/

TERRY BRIANCE -MERSTHAM, SURREY

Merstham ‘monster’ jailed for 11 years for repeated sexual attacks on young girl

In a heartbreaking statement, his victim told the court “nowhere ever felt safe”

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.40.20 pm

A Merstham paedophile with 39 previous convictions has been locked up for 11 years after a judge said he posed a significant danger to young children.

Terry Briance, of Nutfield Road, was handed the lengthy term after being found guilty of repeatedly attacking a young girl in Merstham more than 10 years ago.

Briance, 43, who has been known to lurk around playgrounds watching children, denied seven charges of sexually assaulting the girl.

However, following a week-long trial in July, a jury found him guilty of all charges.

He was back at Guildford Crown Court on Friday September 28th to be sentenced for his crimes.

In a harrowing impact statement, his victim described how she had tried to slit her wrists when she heard he had pleaded not guilty to tormenting her.

Prosecutor Piers Reed read it out to the court.

“Because of what was done to me I have spent many of my years wishing I was dead,” the court heard. “The depression that went with that has been crushing.”

She described how her ordeal had left her with a deep anger, and terrified by any type of physical intimacy.

“Nowhere ever felt safe,” the impact statement continued. “Instead of feeling excited by the world around me, I was terrified of it.

“The shame of what happened to me haunts me to this day.

“I still carry around this burden with me and the knowledge that he has no remorse for what he has done to me. He was the monster of my childhood.”

The court was told the girl tried desperately to build a barricade to keep Briance from assaulting her.

The paedophile’s offending goes back almost 30 years, the court heard.

His family moved to America when he was young, where he committed his first offence as a teenager.

He had sex with a five-year-old girl, Mr Reed told the court, although was convicted only of sexual assault. After a prison and probation term, he was deported back to the UK in 2003, only to go on and attack his next victim.

In the years since, he has been convicted of possessing tens of thousands of indecent images of children and has been before the courts for 39 separate offences, including in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

In 2015, he was convicted of breaching a sexual harm prevention order by ogling children playing in a water play park in Hove.

It was only after seeing a newspaper report of one of his convictions, that the girl he assaulted years before worked up the courage to come forward and tell police what he had done to her.

Mitigating,Trina Little said he had not offended since 2016, and read out a statement from Briance’s girlfriend, who said he had helped her with her problems.

Sentencing him, Judge Peter Moss said Briance had an “entrenched” sexual interest in young girls.

“You have no remorse, no acceptance of what you have done,” he told him.

“All this bodes ill for the future for you and for the community and those that are at serious risk of serious sexual harm from you.

“I therefore conclude that you are at danger of committing further offence of this nature and pose a significant risk of harm to members of the public and I intend to impose an extended term of imprisonment.”

Briance, balding with glasses and a long beard, stood quietly as the sentence was read out.

He will serve at least two-thirds of the 11-year term, and will only be released then if the parole board is satisfied he no longer poses a risk.

He will remain on the sex offenders register and subject to the sexual harm prevention order, which bars him from going within 50 metres of any park or school.

Investigating officer PC Fran Swankie was delighted with the length of the sentence handed to Briance. Speaking after the hearing, she said: “He is clearly a danger to the public and I am overjoyed with the result today.

“It will hopefully give some closure to his victim.”

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/merstham-monster-jailed-11-years-15213507

DAVID CUNNINGHAM -LEEDS

LEEDS PAEDOPHILE GROOMED THREE GIRLS, HID A CAMERA IN BEDROOM AND HAD SEX WITH 14-YEAR-OLD

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.34.01 pm

A paedophile who groomed and sexually abused three underage girls has been locked up for ten-and-a-half years.

David Cunningham was also told he must go on the sex offender register for life after being found guilty of 14 offences committed against vulnerable youngsters.

One of the offences included a charge of voyeurism.

Jurors heard Cunningham hid a camera in the bedroom of one of his victims when she was aged 14.

Offences were committed against one victim when she was 10 years old.

Cunningham, a mechanic, also showed victims pornographic films during the course of the abuse.

Leeds Crown Court heard married Cunningham, 41, was also involved in a sexual affair with one of the girls when she only aged 14.

Cunningham groomed the vulnerable youngster by gaining her trust after befriending her at a time when she was being bullied at school.

Sentencing Cunningham, judge Neil Clark said: “You repaid that trust by having an affair with her and taking her virginity while underage.”

Cunningham, of Armley Ridge Road, Armley, Leeds, was found guilty of three offences of penetrative sexual activity with a child, four of sexual activity with a child and two of engaging in sexual activity with a child.

He was also convicted of attempting to engage in sexual activity with a child, inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, exposure, voyeurism and causing a child to watch a sexual act.

The offending began around 15 years ago. The latest offences took place in 2016.

Caroline Wiggin, mitigating, said Cunningham had no previous convictions.

Miss Wiggin said father-of-two Cunningham had been held on a vulnerable persons wing while on remand.

She added that Cunningham had been subject to bullying.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/crime/leeds-paedophile-groomed-three-girls-hid-a-camera-in-bedroom-and-had-sex-with-14-year-old-1-9377176

 

 

TIMOTHY MARK WILLIAMS -COLWYN BAY, NORTH WALES

‘Stealthy’ paedophile who abused three girls jailed for 12 years

Timothy Mark Williams from Colwyn Bay groomed his victims over a nine-year period

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.17.22 pm

A man who admitted sexually abusing three girls has been locked up for 12 years.

Timothy Mark Williams, of Ffordd Cwstenin, Mochdre Colwyn Bay, was said by the judge to have groomed the girls for his “own selfish, lustful needs”.

The 54-year-old was told he will not be released on licence until the parole board believe he poses no risk to the public. The judge also ordered the licence period be extended by a further six years.

Williams showed no emotion as he was led away at Caernarfon Crown Court to start his sentence.

Sentencing, Judge Huw Rees said: “Your offending involved no less than three complainants over a nine-year period.

“You groomed them for your own selfish, lustful needs.”

The judge added: “You exhibited all the hallmarks of a stealthy paedophile.”

In addition to the jail term, Williams was handed an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order and must sign the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Williams had admitted 23 charges of abuse last month and appeared before the court for sentence.

Jonathan Austin, prosecuting, said the abuse occurred in the 1990s and 2000s on three girls who were aged under 13 at the time.

He said the first victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had complained to police in 2003 but no further action had been taken.

Mr Austin said police had investigated but there was a lack of corroborative evidence.

He said that, at the time of the investigation, Williams had turned his attention to the other girls.

Mr Austin said victim personal statements drawn up by the victims told of the stress and anguish Williams’ offending had caused them.

One victim said she had made two serious attempts at suicide, while all three said they had suffered from depression, anxiety and a loss of confidence.

The matters came to light last year when all three complainants were spoken to.

Williams was later arrested and denied all the allegations.

But Matthew Curtis, defending, said Williams had gone to a police station in April and made admissions to officers.

He said Williams accepted a lengthy custodial sentence was inevitable.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/stealthy-paedophile-who-abused-three-15232273